Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Not-So-Bitty Man

Bitty had his 30 month well-baby check today. Bitty has always been, well, Bitty in size. Hence the nickname. At birth he was in the 10% for weight and just under 50% for height. By his first birthday he was still 10% for weight but had dropped to 10% for height. At two he was up to 25% for both height and weight.

Today, at 2 1/2, he is just over 50% for both height and weight! I knew he had gone through a serious growth spurt by how quickly he grew out of his summer clothes. But I also knew that most toddlers have a growth spurt around age 2. So I was pleasantly surprised to learn that my Bitty Man is, technically, no longer Bitty.

And I'm proud to brag that the doctor pronounced Bitty, "Off the charts, developmentally... Well exceeding all expectations for a 30 month old." Best of all, Bitty did not even flinch when the nurse gave him a 'pokey-pokey,' exclaiming, "That was fun!" as we left the examination room.

But no matter how physically average or developmentally off the charts he is, he'll always be my Bitty Man.

No comments: