Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
You Know a Lot About Christmas
You got 9/10 correct
You know tons about the history and traditions surrounding Christmas.
When you celebrate the holidays, you never forget their true meaning - or all the little fun details.
Random Christmas fact: Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer was originally a promotional gimmick for Montgomery Ward.
You Are a Gingerbread Cookie
You are an organized, responsible person.
You value success, and you're likely to get an early start on the day.
You are good with both planning and numbers.
You have ambitious life goals, and you're well on your way to achieving them.
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 12:33 AM
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
(OK, not so wordless...)
m & m's
peanut butter chocolate chips
Mix all dry ingredients together. Melt chocolate chips (microwave works great) and work through dry mix until covered. Place mix in large ziplock bag and add powdered sugar. Close bag and shake to coat. Spread out on wax paper and let dry.
(No, I don't measure. Eyeball everything a la Rachel Ray. Just make sure you have enough chocolate chips to cover your dry ingredients.)
Eat in large quantities. Enjoy sugar high. Brush teeth.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
In case you haven't seen this as it's circulated around the internet. Best version of the 12 Days of Christmas EVER.
UPDATE: Thanks to the popularity of this clip on YouTube, these guys got a record deal!
And, a great video of classic Christmas movies set to one of my favorite secular Christmas tunes (pause the Playlist player in the sidebar first):
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
A tradition we've embraced from Dan's childhood is celebrating the feast of St. Nicholas. The Bishop of Myra came on the eve of his Feast Day and filled our stockings with animal crackers, M&M's, WALL-E book & ornament, camouflage gloves & wallet, the Josh Grobin Noel CD and a Hickory Farms beef stick among our numerous goodies!
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 9:17 AM
Wednesday, December 03, 2008
Monday, December 01, 2008
Tracy has tagged me in the 'Six Things That Make Me Happy' meme.
According to the rules, I have to post six things that make me really happy... and pass it on to give six more people a reason to be thankful!
So six things that make me happy...
1) 'White Trailer Trash Thanksgiving' with fabulous friends, delicious food & libations and everyone playing Wii bowling!
2) Our Christmas lights. They are beautiful, numerous and took Dan 5 hours to put up with 'help' from the Heroes.
3) The sound of Bittyman singing descant to 'Do You Hear What I Hear'.
4) Finding in our storage space (while pulling out the Christmas decorations) a Rubbermaid bin filled with winter clothes in Ittyboy's size!
5) Needing dressy winter outfits to wear while cantoring and scoring at Kohl's two skirts, a shirt and a jacket for $51! (Plus I received a $10 Kohl's giftcard back!)
6) Coffee with Coffee-Mate Festive Flavors creamer. (Too bad I'm out of coffee this morning. Diet Dr. Pepper just ain't cutting it.)
Now I need to choose six other blog friends... in no particular order... (does Samantha on DWTS bug anyone else as much as she annoys the living crap outta me? Someone get her a Fatburger and a Thesaurus. I have to mute her when she speaks... but I digress):
Sharon (Who reminded me that The Grinch is on tonight - Thanks!)
K (Who probably won't participate 'cause her husband is out of the country this week, but I'm thinking of ya!)
Becki (Who can participate while NAK her newborn, Grace! Check out her blog for pics!)
Grandmai (Who doesn't blog but can post participate by posting her answers in a Note on facebook, hint, hint!)