Bitty in a Basket
Daddy has to work this Memorial Day but we'll be grilling turkey burgers and playing in the pool once Daddy fights through the holiday traffic and gets home. Bitty hopes everyone had a fun and SAFE holiday weekend!
Monday, May 30, 2005
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 3:43 PM
Tuesday, May 24, 2005
Sorry, Bitty Man fans. Not doing a bang-up job keeping my blog up-to-date. Been a busy week. Bitty had his well-baby check which went very well. All systems a go. Except he got a Hep A vaccination then had a reaction to it 3 days later. So we spent the weekend trying to bring down a high fever. Hours after the fever finally broke, we discovered 2-year molars are coming in, which are also no fun for Bitty. Add in temperatures over 100F and you've got a tired, cranky family.
Oh, and Daddy has been working 15 hour days the past 2 weeks between sessions in the studio mixing the band's new CD, his daytime gig and an evening gig.
At least our community pool will FINALLY be open on Friday. I see a lot of lazy days at the pool ahead of us.
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 1:39 PM
Friday, May 20, 2005
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
Monday, May 16, 2005
My livingroom looks like a Toys R Us clearance aisle. My fridge is sagging under the weight of leftover Chuck E Cheese pizza and Hot Wheels cake. But Bitty had a wonderful birthday weekend, thanks to all of his family and friends who made it so special.
I've been asked to post more birthday pics, but I don't have many to post. I do have 2 hours worth of video if you're in the neighborhood. Just call before you arrive -- I'll have to clear a path in the toys from the front door to the livingroom couch.
BIRTHDAY PRESENT AWARDS:
Funniest Present: DARTH TATER (Mr. Potato head turns to the Dark Side.)
Best Educational Present: LeapFrog Fridge Phonics Magnetic Letter Set (Christopher has mastered all 26 letters in the past 2 days.)
Loudest Present: TIE - 'Elmo Loves You' doll and Musical Drum Set (Both from Grandma and Grandpa I... who are obviously exacting their revenge for my childhood indiscretions!)
Best Present: All the clothes, books, and contributions to Bitty's college fund. (Well, at least the best presents in Mama's opinion. Bitty would beg to differ.)
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 12:30 PM
Saturday, May 14, 2005
Friday, May 13, 2005
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 10:17 PM
Happy Birthday, Bitty Man! I can't believe 'Baby Cheese' is two years old today.
I wish I had the energy to post a tender, heartfelt letter to my sweet angel. But it seems only fitting that this time two years ago I was in pain with your contractions and tonight I'm in pain with what I assume is one whopper of a sinus infection brought on by allergies. So in my Benadryl fog I'll just wish you another year of excellent health and a promise that I am always striving to be the best Mama I can be.
(Yeah, yeah, you can finally open all your PRESENTS too!)
I love you, Bitty.
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 12:13 AM
Thursday, May 12, 2005
(Not like I don't do enough bragging already -- but if you're reading this, I can only assume you don't mind the bragging... or you accidentally surfed upon this site when you Googled 'Shark Reef' and won't be staying long anyway.)
AT 24 MONTHS, BITTY CAN:
- Count to 15
- Sing the entire alphabet song (OK, so he sings, 'H, I, J, K, L, doh-doh-doh, P' but he's got the rest including the 'Now I know my A, B, C's' part.)
- Correctly identify the colors blue, red, purple, brown, black, white, green, yellow, orange and as of today, silver
- Make the sign of the cross and say the Hail Mary (give or take a phrase or two)
- Turn on the TV/VCR, open a tape case (Nemo is his current favorite), put the tape in the VCR and push PLAY
- Repeat EVERYTHING you say -- even when you don't think he's listening
- Point his fingers and do the twist, along with various other Wiggles, Blues Clues and Backyardigans choreography
- Name every animal in his Big Book of Animals and remind you if you accidentally skip a page
- Identify the following instruments: piano, drums, saxophone, trumpet, guitar and violin -- and mimic playing each one
- Fit into her pre-pregnancy jeans
- Make (and sell) a Mother's bracelet
- Sing the entire Wiggles soundtrack
- Program Tivo
- Fix a delicious batch of crock-pot chili
- Earn $1000/year selling on eBay
- Create and moderate a Mommy message board
- Nurse while walking
- Proudly admit to co-sleeping for 18 months
- Watch a Hallmark commercial without crying
- When asked, "What do you do?" reply, "I'm a stay-at-home Mom" without qualifying my answer with, "But I used to... "
I'll add more as they come to me.
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 5:01 PM
Monday, May 09, 2005
Bitty is STILL napping (7:05pm) so I had time to figure out how to include some of my favorite links in the sidebar. Gold star for Mama's HTML skills!
(Yeah, I know a lot of toddlers are going to bed at 7:05pm. Bitty goes to bed around 11pm... but sleeps until 11am. Works for us.)
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 7:05 PM
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 12:02 PM
Monday, May 02, 2005
Based on a 100-hour work week, Salary.com has estimated that a fair wage for the typical stay-at-home mom would be $131,471 for executing all of her daily tasks.
Jackpot! 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring with DVD Entertainment system, here I come! With money to spare for:
1) 13 years of Catholic private schooling for Bitty Man
2) Pergo flooring throughout our home
3) 2-weeks lying on a beach in Aruba
4) 24-Hour Fitness lifetime membership
5) Funding our IRA's for the next decade.
Wonder if I can get my money direct deposit?
Posted by Vicki aka Diva Mom at 2:24 PM