Thursday, May 12, 2005

Bragging Post

(Not like I don't do enough bragging already -- but if you're reading this, I can only assume you don't mind the bragging... or you accidentally surfed upon this site when you Googled 'Shark Reef' and won't be staying long anyway.)

AT 24 MONTHS, BITTY CAN:

  • Count to 15
  • Sing the entire alphabet song (OK, so he sings, 'H, I, J, K, L, doh-doh-doh, P' but he's got the rest including the 'Now I know my A, B, C's' part.)
  • Correctly identify the colors blue, red, purple, brown, black, white, green, yellow, orange and as of today, silver
  • Make the sign of the cross and say the Hail Mary (give or take a phrase or two)
  • Turn on the TV/VCR, open a tape case (Nemo is his current favorite), put the tape in the VCR and push PLAY
  • Repeat EVERYTHING you say -- even when you don't think he's listening
  • Point his fingers and do the twist, along with various other Wiggles, Blues Clues and Backyardigans choreography
  • Name every animal in his Big Book of Animals and remind you if you accidentally skip a page
  • Identify the following instruments: piano, drums, saxophone, trumpet, guitar and violin -- and mimic playing each one
AT 24 MONTHS, MAMA CAN:
  • Fit into her pre-pregnancy jeans
  • Make (and sell) a Mother's bracelet
  • Sing the entire Wiggles soundtrack
  • Program Tivo
  • Fix a delicious batch of crock-pot chili
  • Earn $1000/year selling on eBay
  • Create and moderate a Mommy message board
  • Nurse while walking
  • Proudly admit to co-sleeping for 18 months
  • Watch a Hallmark commercial without crying
  • When asked, "What do you do?" reply, "I'm a stay-at-home Mom" without qualifying my answer with, "But I used to... "

I'll add more as they come to me.





No comments: