Tuesday, March 27, 2007

36 Week Update

3 weeks from today we'll finally meet Itty... if not before. Grandma and Grandpa I. arrived safely from Virginia last night and are settled in to their vacation home just a block away.

Last night around 3am I woke to my first real contractions this pregnancy. They continued for about 2 hours before stopping. Itty knows that his big brother will be in good hands with Grandma and Grandpa so he's trying to make a break for it.

Daddy was thrilled to learn I was having contractions. He's fervently praying I go into labor sometime soon as he has paid time off work from April 4-9. (His band has been preempted by a convention at the hotel where he performs daily.) Me? As excited as I am to finally meet Itty, I have a manicure/pedicure scheduled for tomorrow, my baby shower on Thursday and a haircut scheduled for April 4. So I'd prefer Itty nestle in for another week at least!

Not to mention the birthstone for April is diamond... and for March it's aquamarine. Mama wants diamonds, baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diamonds, I have none. But Dan is a jewel far surpassing the value of any inanimate mineral,and I was 1/3 responsible for him. So I have at least given you something.