Tuesday, November 30, 2004

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum

This time last year, Bitty Man was barely sitting up on his own. Our biggest challenge with the Christmas Tree was keeping him from rolling underneath it.

My, what a difference a year makes.

We put up our Christmas tree last night. With each ornament I unpacked I asked myself, "would I be upset if this ornament got broken?" Ornaments from every cruise ship port I visited -- yep. Ornaments from every city and country where Dan performed at jazz festivals -- yep. Series of annual White House ornaments, beginning with 1984 -- yep. 'First Christmas Together 1996' -- yep. 'Baby's First Christmas 2003' -- yep.

Our tree is now decorated with white lights and a plastic Elmo ornament that Christopher picked out and proudly hung. Today we're off to Target to find more Bitty-proof ornaments.

No comments: