Thursday, April 12, 2007

Hurry Up And Wait...

My back has been aching for several days. Back labor or too much nesting?

Real contractions began last night - the kind that actually push your pulse-rate up. 30 minutes apart until I got a few quarts of water down, then they slowed to every 45-60 minutes.

At this morning's OB appointment, the good news is I didn't gain any weight in the past week (which might indicate retaining too much fluid). But the bad news is my blood pressure was elevated, even after lying on my side for 10 minutes and checking it again.

I had pre-eclampsia the final week of my pregnancy with Bittyman so I'm at high risk again.

I'll head back to the OB tomorrow morning for another blood pressure check. In the meantime I'm on a no salt and no caffeine diet until Itty arrives. I'm also under orders to head to the hospital if the contractions get to 20 minutes apart because of all that's going on.

Babies born on Friday the 13th are extra-lucky, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right, they are. Just ask your brother.
Grandma I.