Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Meme

Saw this over at Orthometer and thought I'd play!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
A bit of both, depending on the awkwardity of the present size. (Yes, I know that's not a real word. It should be.)

2. Real or artificial tree? Love real. Miss real. But learned the hard way our second Christmas in the desert that spending $75 for a real tree is no guarantee it will not become tinder within a week. Had to take said tree down Christmas night before it spontaneously combusted. Bought an artificial the next day and have been using it ever since.

3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving weekend. I have no problem with having decorations up during Advent.

4. When do you take the tree down? No sooner than the Epiphany.

5. Do you like egg nog? Hell no. Seriously. That's just disgusting.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? The dollhouse my father built.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Yes. A collection from Fontanini which we add to every year and a Little People Nativity for the boys to play with.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband and my father. They receive lots of Packers and Bills stuff for lack of other ideas.

9. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Maybe not worst, but funniest. When we were first married Dan went into Lane Bryant looking to buy me some sweaters for Christmas. Dan had no idea Lane Bryant was a plus-size woman's store. He asked the saleswoman, "My wife is 5'7" and weighs 120 pounds - what size would she wear?" Said saleswoman proceeded to sell him several sweaters in size 16/18.

When I returned the sweaters the day after Christmas I called the saleswoman on the carpet for trying to make a quick sale to an unsuspecting husband when she should have pointed him next door to The Limited.

(Explanation for the men who are reading this going, 'huh'? Any woman on the planet could tell you that a 5'7', 120-pound female wears a size 6. Saleslady totally punked Dan. And no, I'm not 120 lbs. anymore. But I am psyched to be at pre-Bittyman weight. Good enough for Diva Mom.)

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? This year I'm doing a web card... if I can find time to finish it today.

11. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story and It's a Wonderful Life. (Yeah, that's two movies. So? It's my meme.)

12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early fall I start keeping my eye out for good deals.

13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I plead the 5th.

14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint Mochas and Christmas Crack.

15. Clear lights or colored lights on the tree? Clear.

16. Favorite Christmas song? Sacred, O Holy Night. Secular, Mary Did You Know.

17. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Thanksgiving is for traveling.

18. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? I've been a professional Christmas Caroler for 11 years. I'll sing them to you.

19. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

20. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas Eve after Mass. The majority Christmas morning. Grandma & Grandpa I's gifts when they arrive on January 5.

21. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The overused, politically correct phrase, 'Happy Holidays'.

22. Best thing about this time of year? Watching Bittyman's head trying not to explode from excitement. And Ittyboy try his darnedest to crawl to get the Christmas tree. And the music. All Christmas music, all the time, from Thanksgiving weekend through the Epiphany!

I tag anyone who is so ready for Christmas that they have time to read this meme! (Me, I'm just procrastinating. Cleaning, wrapping, and website-creating all await me.)

No comments: