Monday, July 07, 2008

Monday Meme

1. What food does your best friend not like?
Dan's not a fan of Chinese food, which really bites (pardon the pun) because it's my favorite.

2. What is your favorite cookbook?
My newest one: Simple & Delicious Cookbook (Thanks, Aunt Sharon!)

3. Are you more of a sushi person or a lamb person?
Neither. Ick on both counts.

4. Given a choice of something fried and salty or something baked and sweet, what would you choose?
Depends on the time of month... gals, you know what I mean!

5. Do you buy whole chickens and boil them and pick the meat off or does that gross you out?
You can buy a whole chicken? Oh, you mean the rotisserie ones, right? Those are tasty...

6. How do you feel about butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and half and half?
Love 'em... in moderation. I'm lactose intolerant.

7. (Skip this question if you are a vegetarian.) If you are a carnivore, would you be willing to hunt or butcher your meat? Or to watch someone do that for you or would you rather not think of it? Or are you grateful for the animal who gave its life to sustain your life?
I can't eat an animal that looks remotely like its original form. For instance when I was in Mexico and had fish served with its head still on, I all but lost my lunch. Peeling shrimp is about as much as I can handle. If I had to hunt and/or butcher I'd end up a vegetarian. Or a carbetarian.

8. What is the most exotic ingredient or spice in your cupboard?
This and this. (But I have been to Grenada, the "spice island." That's exotic, right?)

9. What is your favorite vegetable?
Dinner's still on my tongue so I'm going with corn on the cob.

10. What is your favorite fruit?
Just chowed down on some delicious watermelon... final answer.

I'll tag anyone who wishes to play. Please let me know if you do!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I played along. :) I think we're not always too different, Vicki. ;)

Tom in Vegas said...

Although I like sushi, I CANNOT eat lamb. Lamb and goat's cheese are two very easy ways for me to loose my lunch:0(

Too bad the hubby doesn't like Chinese food. Every now and then I just have to have some Panda Express.

Love watermelon. Especially during hot summer days.