Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Too much knowledge...

It's been a week and I still love my minivan. What did I do before power sliding doors and tailgate? Who knew a 6-CD changer would come in so handy? And I still have half a tank of gas so the MPG isn't that bad...

But there is one feature in my 'cool car' that I could definitely live without. I've decided it's not necessary to have a digital thermometer -- 'cause I really didn't need to know it was 115F this afternoon. I already knew it was hot. Burn your hands on the steering wheel even with the sunshade hot. Feeling dizzy and nauseous because you didn't drink enough H2O hot. National Weather Service excessive heat warning hot. And actually seeing that number blazing in all its neon glory in my car just made it all the more oppressive.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was your first clue that it was hot? The guy whose oxygen tank blew out his car windows or the gas accumulation in my garage from an overheated car? Hot doesn't begin to describe it.
Grandma I.

Anonymous said...

Yea its hot here too,,, like 90 degrees but not as bad as there
Tony