Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Interview Me Meme

Sharon posted this meme on her blog and I decided to play along! Her questions and my answers:

1. What do you miss, if anything, from your life before having children? Discretionary income.

2. When did you start dancing, and what is your favorite type of dance? Is there a style dance you'd LOVE to learn? I took my first tap & jazz classes when I was about 7. I remember my little cowgirl recital outfit complete with plastic guns. Jazz is my favorite type of dance - I never had enough ballet training or talent to make it as a prima ballerina. I'd LOVE to take ballroom dancing classes now that I'm addicted to Dancing with the Stars!

3. Of all the places you've traveled (including working on those cruise ships), what has been a favorite? My most amazing travel experience was on the m/s Golden Odyssey which cruised down the Amazon river to Manaus, Brazil. While there I took a canoe trip into the heart of the rainforest - It was like a Discovery Channel documentary complete with piranha-filled waters, snake-infested provision huts and villages where Indigenous people live.

4. If you could live ANY WHERE (money being no factor), where would you live? Dan and I recently took this quiz and were amazed that Nashville, TN made both of our top 3 places to live. Besides the thriving music industry it's a Red State with a lower cost of living, better schools and more seasonal weather than here in the Southwest. Plus it's about half-way between both of our extended families.

5. What is harder to give up: chocolate, coffee, or alcohol? Before this Lent I would have said chocolate. (I've had to give up alcohol through two pregnancies and months of breastfeeding - no biggie there.) But during these coffee-free 40 days I realized it's not just the coffee I missed but the stress relief of loading the boys in the car and getting out of the house and driving thru for a java fix when chaos is ensuing. Yep, coffee is definitely the hardest to give up!

Now the official rules of this meme:

Now it's your turn. If you want to be interviewed, leave me a comment including the words, "Interview me!" I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions. If you don't have a valid email address on your blog, please provide one. You will update your blog with a post containing your answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

~ Straight Shooter ~ said...

Loved it! Would love to take part and be interviewed too!
Great questions AND answers that spoke volumes about you and your style.
Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

Great answers!!

Tom in Vegas said...

Wow! Only thing missing from #3 answer is Indiana Jones. LOL!

I, however, long for New England. Somewhere with lots of trees, rolling hills, narrow cobblestone streets, and cottages a stone's throw from the beach (not too close to the Kennedy's, please).