Monday, March 10, 2008

She Who Sings Well Prays Twice

I know blogging has been light but I'm buried in music. Between cantoring weekly and the upcoming Tridumm and Easter Sunday services, any hero-free time has been spent at the keyboard. (The Kurzweil's, not the Dell's.)

Yesterday morning I cantored for the first time at our diocese's shrine (and biggest Catholic church in the state). It's a gorgeous and awe-inspiring place of worship and I was honored to be a part of the Mass there.

But whose big idea was it to spring forward the clocks already? Singing solo at 8am was tough enough for this night-owl. 7am pretending to be 8am? Talk about a Lenten sacrifice!

1 comment:

Marie said...

I really am beginning to think my voice is a Majestic thing. I see birds fall out of the trees with what I hope is wondrous shock!(lol)

I hear dogs howl at my melodious tone, we sound so alike its well, quite touching(lol).

I hear the cats whiny LOUD meow's and accept it as applause;).

Yes, singing is a glorious thing for those who have the Gift;).

LOL Vicki:) heehee

In fun

Marie lol